Sun/rain/ice/wind/snow - another 24 hours in Michigan
You'd think after all these years living in the great state of MI I would get used to this, but every year, I get slapped in the face as if for the first time when this happens (usually, like this year, in March).
Yesterday: 69 sun-soaked, big fluffy-cloud, beautiful day. I get great news from the doc that life is good for my rods and screws (screws are 45 mm long for
anyone interested) and although there was some crappy news (I have to wear my brace for another 3 months) the weather outside was making me happy.
Turn to 4 pm, the wind begins to howl like a bad horror flick and trees begin to sway - (in a sea-sick sort of way) and then it begins to rain . . . hard and then harder. By this morning its like 24 degrees, snow is floating in the oh so crisp air and I'm freezing my braced butt off. So what's a girl to do but go back to sleep and think it's all a bad dream?
I wake up later and it's not much better. But I put on my brace and dutifully hobble my way to Zola'a (best Latte in the business and also proud sponsor of the AAVC/SalonXL SpeedyChix racing team). Yummy latte in hand, and I hobble home, enough for one day.
And speaking of SpeedyChix:
So living in MI isn't soooo bad - at least there is this plate!

1 Comments:
Nice metal pics: screws -n- plates. I prefer the SPDYCHX plate.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home