Adapting to daily living
While I'm not known to possess great patience with myself, I can lay claim to a terrific supply of stupidity. . . and I believe it reached new creative heights this evening.
Since the surgery, I've adapted most routine activities around the house - using the grabber to get things that are low or on the floor, using the handy dandy sock putter-onner to get on my socks, wearing shoes that don't tie, etc. But it all goes out the window when I get frustrated (see lack of patience above)
Tonight while loading the dishwasher and getting frustrated because after 8 weeks I still can't bend at the waist and it's darn hard to reach things. I decided the best way to pull out the lower dish rack was to use my bare foot. So as I was pulling it out, my foot sliped off the rack and the front of my leg came to rest . . . on the point of a knife. This little dance produced a puncture wound just below my knee; complete with a trail of blood running down my leg.
Because of the anemia, I'm a little possessive of those red blood cells right now, so after a few choice explitives, I hobbled up to the bathroom and managed to stop the flow and get myself bandaged up.
Seems life just keeps getting more interesting by the minute.

1 Comments:
You were right. Good post. At least you're keeping your sense of humor.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home