Rant on Wheels

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Barn Sale


You haven't heard much from me the last several days because I've had a big ol case of rollercoaster nausea. Since I've historically worked out my issues and problems on my bike and now I can't ride, it tends to create a bottle-neck and then KABOOM, the flood gates are over run and it all comes crashing down. Thus was this week.

Couple that with the lovely weather we've had (read: dreadfully dark and dank) and my not wanting to see all my cycling gear around, I decided to have a big ol barn sale. I got rid of two bikes, two sets of wheels and a myriad of other cycling stuff. I guess spring has come and it's cleaning/fixing time for all of us.

So today a friend came over to replace her bottom bracket. We proceeded to break her crankset so that meant a trip to the bikeshop (OH NO!!!!) which in turn meant a shiney new crankset for her bike (and I quote "well, it was scratched anyway") - ahh the smell of new grease and rubber. Not that I don't like the smell of flowers and the freshly turned spring earth, but there is little else that warms the winter soul like new bike parts.

Butttt, since I don't get to ride because the doctor suggested knitting instead(don't die from laughter) I have to occupy my time with being staff photo-grrrl at the races. So as soon as the Spring Training Series starts, I'll be putting up some photos of the team racing - I can't wait! but for now, here's a few from last year:


Anne putting the hammer down





The ever-giddy Frisky . . . and can someone tell me why we let her ride with that silly "S" on her jersey????











Spring is around the corner, right Frog?

ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home