Of Clydesdales and Spines
I wish I could describe what it feels like to have these screws in my spine. It's just the strangest feeling - not really pain (cuz we got lots of meds for that) but more like someone taking a rope and wrapping it around my L5-S1 joint and pulling me backward with a large Budwieser clydesdale . . . very very slowly.
While diligently doing my daily walk I had time to ponder my navel while attempting to get my butt up the hill on the way home. All I can say is after a good amount of soul searching, I can tell you without hesitation I would truly stink at being perminantly disabled. Hell I'm not even disabled (just impared - but you knew that all along) and the stupid stuff you worry about. . . like getting on freaking pair of socks without injuring yourself, or what kind of person is walking behind me - or am I going to get a huge decubitous ulcer on my butt from laying down all the time - these are not questions one should even attempt to answer.....So of course I did.
I don't know, maybe it was the beautiful sun out today and the fact that all I wanted to do was rake the lawn and I couldn't - maybe that's what did it, but I had a full out bo-hoo session today, complete with a bit of ranting about how much this stinks. That lasted about 15 mintues before I got in touch with reality and realized, I get to walk (some people don't), this will get better (for some it doesn't), I have loads to look forward to when I get this stinking damn thing off . . . so for now, I'm focusing on tomorrow when I get to hang with my team and watch, what else, cycling movies!
And speaking of cycling . . . what about Filippo Pozzatto? that was sweet, the little guy gets the prize at MSR - very cool indeed. And did you see Boonen's reaction - ok, the guy gets another star on his forehead for that - I'd like to see little Robbie raise his arms for anyone but himself - opps - this is ranting again, eh?
Ah well, what did you expect -
ciao

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home