Rant on Wheels

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Joe is Ranting

That bugger from Colorado is starting to send me weekly e-mails to tell me exactly how many miles he's putting in each week - outside - to 'encourage' me. Um, merely the fact that he is going on Ride the Rockies (RTR) this summer means I have put my training in high gear so that I have half a chance of merely seeing him sometime during the ride.

Joe is pretty hard-core, just got back from Iraq and likely has some serious steam to blow off - therefore my work is cut out for me - living and training in MI is just not fair - is't 31 this morning with lovely ice-crusted snow out there today - so it's trainer time again. Thank God for Laura, who's coming over to ride today - got the rollers out and we'll pound out a 90 minute workout and then collapse - been a long weekend at the hospital - 8 hours yesterday and another 3 today - I'll be needing some trainer time after this weekend - grrrrrr

photos I'm sure to come soon .....

3 Comments:

Blogger SpeedyChix said...

Sure missed riding with you & LJ this weekend. I only have the pics and emails to see what I've missed.

Figure on a ride in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can get outside just before you head to CA!

Should be back in riding form by then! Nice batch o posts....I've not been making the blog rounds of late. You've been busy!

February 25, 2007 8:42 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You have done the RTR before?

February 25, 2007 9:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Alicia,

I know it seemed I dropped off the face of the earth...but somehow I managed to get back with the orbit. I never received the pads you sent me. Either they're aiding some happy postal worker or they're still floating around in some USPS time-space continuum.

Congrats on the new house, on your triumphant return to the bike, and all the other good things that have happened over the last several months.

March 01, 2007 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home