Rant on Wheels

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Why I haven't been around much lately

Garage filled with debris and the new construction....

It's been non-stop work on the house with literally filling up truck-loads of debris from the yard and basement and hauling it to the dump each week - it's been a bit much.

Then yesterday I came home to this:



that WAS my garage - now it's an open-air play pen! the Frogs, ducks and chipmunks are having a blast in there - not to mention the lovely skylights - note absence of roof to my lovely garage....

So I decided it was all just too much for me to handle and I got out and rode last night - finally! Laura was pulling me around like I was rag-doll in the 30+ mph winds - honest!

And I've revised my plan: food journal is keeping me on track for the weight loss to get my sorry fat butt over those Rocky Mountains that I'm supposed to ride in less than 8 weeks (God help me!!) So I've set a goal of losing 14 pounds by then - that's 1.75 pounds/week - not a likely goal, but I figure I may as well put it out there as my goal and shoot for it - that's how we got to the moon, right?? If I shoot for 14 and I get to 12 - I'll be one very happy camper, if I get to 10 - I'll be only just happy - anything less than that and I'll be a hurting camper going up those mountains ;-)

So it's food journal, riding like a possessed demon-girl and eating lots of air -

Oh and my inspiration:


That would be non-other than my team mate Laura Johnson putting the hurt on the women's field. Now this is a woman who has said in the past that if she wants to sprint, she has to put it in her weekly planner - she's such a diesel - but on Sunday she was amazing - this was the first of two sprints - the second began at the bottom of the hill, she passed a few people on the uphill and came in for 2nd place - I was yelling so hard I missed the photo-op what a dork I am!

ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Remodeling the house on the giant hill in one of the coldest places on earth, eh?

Good luck with the weight loss.

April 24, 2007 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home