True Signs there is a God
So as I've heard from so many of you - you are excited to be seeing yours truly in a dress/skirt. Well, I just got word that scrubs and crop pants are now "acceptable attire" in Kijabe. This to me is proof-positive God exists and that He is looking out for me ;-) So I'm sorry to disappoint those of you who've been having a bidding war on the photo of me in a dress, it may have to wait until some other formal occasion!
Now that the skirt crisis has been averted, my mind has moved to what can I afford to not bring on this trip? All the things I take for granted here in the states, in Kijabe it is a luxury to have tools/joints/lamination bags to to the job of fabricating braces and legs. So I have two 50 pound bags to fill with all the things I may need while I'm over there and making the decisions as to what to take and what not to take is beginning to keep me awake at night. I have cast spreaders and pylons for legs and joints for kids with Spina bifida and tools for making all the braces and devices that these kids need and I find that I can only take about half of them due to weight - it's not going to be easy.
On the cycling front - this week has stunk for training. I had class Tuesday night and then power-yoga on Thursday night - who knew that Yoga could be so draining? Then it was off to Georgia for a meetings with resident candidates and home Friday night - so training pretty much went out the window this week. I did however have a great ride outside (in January?) yesterday and Mr. Williams was his usual fantastic self and we rode at a nice pace until I let them go on to Chelsea and I did my own ride through the dirt roads back to town - all in all it was a nice fat hour 45 and it felt about what I wanted - get the legs moving and prepare for today's suffer-fest indoors on the trainer....cuz it's 40 degrees outside and raining (is this really January in Michigan - oh yeah it is - because tomorrow it's supposed to be in the low 30's and snowing and then for the next two weeks - in the 20's and snow - yup - it's Michigan alright!
Off to pack - thanks for reading....

1 Comments:
Alicia,
What gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing ...
Looking forward to having lunch with Mom tomorrow.
xoxo Aunt Ellie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home