Rant on Wheels

Thursday, April 20, 2006

In the "don't try this at home" department

I had a pretty exciting day today. I finished grading all the papers and tests for my class and was tickled silly that the kids did well. But this morning, I was feeling kinda nasty and I decided I should try the new tylenol #3's that were prescribed for me this past week.

Had the first one - only one cuz I can be a sensitive sort - and no problem. Took another at three and although a little loopy, no problem (maybe that's why my students did so well on their tests??) or so I thought (enter the theme from JAWS) Apparently the tylenol part was fine, but the #3 part the kicked my butt from here to the bathroom floor and back again. If you've never had a drug reaction, I don't recommend it. I seriously thought I was headed for the morgue. I couldn't see, my ears were ringing as if a siren was going off inside my head, then I started to sweat - as if I just went through a car wash - without a car -

So I called the doctor's office and they suggested I had a reaction to the medicine - you don't say!?! Their advice as to wait it out as it would surely pass. . . . but if I felt like I was going to pass out or my lips or ears began to swell, I was to get to the ER as soon as possible. All I remember hearing was that someone was telling me what to look out for and gave me advice to follow if something did happen and I thought cool, I know what to do. However, upon reflection, if I'm passed out, how the hell am I going to drive myself to the ER? Plainly not the best advice from the docs office!!!

Anyway, somewhere in the Ann Arbor sewer system, there is a bottle's worth of Tylenol #3's floating down the pipeline, cuz I never want to see those little bastards again.

green tea anyone?

1 Comments:

Blogger SpeedyChix said...

The fish downstream of your water treatment facilty soon will be pain free!

April 26, 2006 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home