It's the little triumphs
On Sunday I decided that global warming was fine for a day or two since I live in Michigan and got to ride outside - it was stunning - warm and beautiful - so a good day to ride. Rode out the normal route and was feeling frisky so I took the hilly loop Julie McCoy always makes me take - it was great - I was speeding along at more than a snails pace and attacking the hills - life is good!
Got to the usual turn around and Captain Carter rings me on the cell - so while gabbing away with her - I see this dude come flying around the corner and off down the road he went. So I made a hasty good-bye to Cap't and started the chase. It wasn't pretty and I'm fairly sure I must have scared one or two motorists - because they actually took a second look at my face - thinking I was going to fall over from exhustion at any moment. Then about 10 minutes into the chase, I sat up, disgusted, fatigued and pretty bummed out - 'screw it, I'm done' but then a little voice inside said 'yes, you are done if you stop now'. So I started again, this time a little harder and damn if I didn't catch the guy. It took me another 11 minutes to catch him, but I did.
Moral of the story: read Churchill was right: "Never, Never, Never give up"

1 Comments:
Way to hammer it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home