Rant on Wheels

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Colorado!!! Yeeeehaw!

I'm here! finally....

So I got into Ft. Collins feeling like I was hit by a Mack Truck - but I'm here - nothing a full 24 hours in bed won't cure!

Yesterday I rode Horsetooth Resevoir with some seriously step and longer climbs than we have in Michigan, so it was a real leg-buster - but dang, I'm doing it and that is half the battle: NOTE: this is much steeper than it appears - this guy passed me while I stopped to catch my breath - it was a serious leg-buster.
How's this for hill repeats:




And the scenery was amazing and while I was on the ride I stopped to take photos, you know, beucase of the scenery (not because I was dying or anything.....). More hill repeats below - there were about 5 really good little climbs on this ride and the fact that I was able to do them and live to tell the tale - I'm grateful!




As my friend Anne G sent me in an e-mail:


"You are going to have such a great week. This RTR may well mean the most to
you of any big bike undertaking. It represents so much. The single fact that
you are there is success. Before you turn a single pedal stroke."


Thanks Anne, you are right. But I can't take all the credit. I had so much help along the way. My surgeons and my PT's rock and although I wasn't happy when they told me to go slow, I now understand and I was able to do this workout today with only minimal pain - how cool is that???

Life is one damn fine adventure - and when I hit 50.6 mph going down the northside of Horsetooth, that was REALLY fine!

Over and out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home