Rant on Wheels

Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 2 - Relax and go with the wind


RTR planning committee usually torture you one day and then give you an easier day to recuperate . It was only a 44 mile ride into Craig and since we were staying in Steamboat Springs, we decided to simply ride half way to Craig and then turn around.



I got started early this morning and as it's down hill to Craig got some early speed going (I always like that). As I'm happily careening around a corner out of Steamboat, I find a woman has hit the deck and is covered in dirt and not looking so good. So it's good Samaritan time and I stop. It appears as though her tire has jumped the rim and somehow she fell. So I ask her if she has a pump. NO. Then I ask her if she has a spare tube, again, NO. People - please, carry your crap with you! It really stinks when you stop to help someone only to find out they have not done the first thing to help themselves and therefore can be of no help to themselves or to anyone else on the road - take some freaking responsibility for your own dang safety!!! Ok rant over - but sheesh!



So I spent about 15 minutes getting her tire back on and explaining why and how it likely happened and that at the first opportunity she should get a tube and a pump for her bike....ok bitching over - sorry.....



So that part of my morning over with, I continue on....GORGEOUS morning, only 40 degrees but really very pretty indeed. Saw some antelope:


And then finished off the ride with a really nice hike to this waterfall - ahhhh


I as kinda proud of that photo - but damn near became one with the water while taking it - and can I just say - cooooooold darn water...

One last thing - would you stay here?

Scary rabbit, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful. BUT I caught up on posts -- over 50 mph on Horsetooth? Funny you didn't mention *that* on the phone! Is that your hotel? Yup, scary!

June 19, 2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The question is, did you stay at the Rabbit Ears Motel?

June 19, 2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Ok, nope - didn't stay at the hotel - it was too scary for me....good ol Holiday Inn saved the day.

June 19, 2007 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home