Rant on Wheels

Friday, August 17, 2007

Lord, forgive me, it's been 3 weeks since my last blog

OK, I'm living in house hell right now - it's the final push to get the electricians out of our house. The mechanicals passed without a hitch, the plumbers did their thing and we have not one but two working bathrooms - can you say "yippeeee skippy"? But the electrical has been the bane of my existence and I'm close to throwing in the towel on this one - but they promise me it will all be fixed today. Really? Shall I just swear now and just get it over with?

So the house on the hill is taking shape. I'm sure I'm going to get all syrup-y here so bare with me. . . I never thought we would be so lucky. The key is in the definition of 'lucky':

Lucky:

as in gee, we were stupid enough to buy a falling down house but 'lucky' enough to see the virtue of 23 hour days working on it?

perhaps it's more like this: we were 'lucky' enough to have gotten me through my back surgery and recovered enough to take on building barns/walls and taking down walls/large trees etc without killing myself?

or maybe this: we were 'lucky' to have timed selling our old house just before Pfizer pulled out of Ann Arbor and 'lucky' enough to have bought the new house after Pfizer pulled out???

Whatever definition we choose, I do believe I've not been lucky in the area of cycling. I've put exactly 67 miles on my bike since Ride the Rockies a full 8 weeks ago - now that is truly pathetic - and I might even say embarrassing....

So with that said, this weekend is thus: caulking and sanding tonight so that I might even be able to get in an early ride on saturday before the final painting can happen this weekend and we can move into our big-fat master bedroom! Now this is where the luck really does shine: we managed not to kill each other or anyone else during the last 4 months of home renovation - we are all alive and although fatter, we are happy!

photos to come soon - I promise.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The end of your project is in sight!!!
Time to enjoy.

August 17, 2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

wow. Sounds like you have made a lot of progress since your last report.

August 22, 2007 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home