Rant on Wheels

Monday, January 25, 2010

New Kenyan wardrobe!

After I had been sweating the details of how I was going to get into a dress and then the signs from God above that indeed he has sought fit to smile on me - the task of finding appropriate clothing for Kenya and the hundreds of dollars I was going to drop on the wardrobe was somewhat daunting....

I went to REI and spent a bunch of money on sale items for the trip. Then I thought, I should visit the PTO - I'll surely find at least some cheap tops there to use for the trip and then I can leave them in Kenya to be used by others. As I walked into the very dusty place I started sneezing and thought - "this is going to be a treat". As I started to pull trousers from the rack my nose was running and my eyes started to bug out. I ran into the dressing room with 10 pairs of trousers and 2 skirts (yup when in Kenya.....). I tried on the first pair of trousers - they fit perfectly, then the second pair - same thing, third pair - same thing - (aparently I have a twin living in my town). I tried on 6 pairs, decided on 5, tried the skirts - perfect! By this time the dust was having an all-out assult on my respiratory system and I high-tailed it to the t-shirt aisle. Grabbed 5 and went to check out -

Total time in store = >30 minutes
Total cost of complete Kenyan wardrobe = $36

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home