Rant on Wheels

Monday, August 27, 2007

Yeeeha!

I rode!

Anne G (of the famous: "I'll ride in any weather, rain, snow, 5 below!") came out to play on Saturday and dare I say it was cathartic? It was amazing, revitalized, re-energized - feeling tired, but fine.

It was great to to ride with her this weekend - we went up to Kensington and they have a few deceptively nasty little hills there - I thought I was going to skirt them by being sneaky, but apparently they still came round and bit me! But all is good. We rode in the rain for an hour and while I would love to be able to say that was all I rode because the paint-can was calling my name, the truth was, that was about all I could do without feeling a bit silly in the head from lack of training and lack of O2 to the brain! Maybe it was all the paint fumes from the last several weeks of painting indoors? whatever the reason, Anne made me feel like a super-star! We crested the little bumps in the road at the same time and she was more than gracious with riding at my snails-pace speed. The rain was good too - not the downpours we've been having, but rather some nice misty and sometimes a bit more than misty rain - a good, make that a great ride.

As for hanging with the bike-masta mistress - dang, it's been too long. She's a great friend and sometimes ya just need your grrrrl time. She is one amazingly wonderful person - thanks Anne for getting my butt up to go riding - you rock!

As for the paint-can of horrors...we finally moved into the house - after 6 months, one major renovation and I can't tell you how many cans of paint (I lost count after the 3rd time we repainted the bedroom because of color conflicts - it's hard to be a girl!). But I think it's about 35 or so gallons of paint - we may never paint anything ever again!

I might even celebrate by going on another bike ride - can you believe, two rides in the span of three days - I do believe that might be a new 6 month record!

over and out -

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

When will the house be completely done?

August 27, 2007 9:18 PM  
Blogger SpeedyChix said...

It was indeed a great day to be out there riding. Dodging the XC runners, people looking at us with some curiosity through the light rain. It was a wonderful outing and a great one to be shared. The company was excellent. Thanks.

Let's ride again!

August 27, 2007 9:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I come to Grand Rapids on the 7th and leave on the 9th. The crit is on the 8th. You still coming?

August 28, 2007 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home