Rant on Wheels

Monday, October 01, 2007

Racing in 2008 and Washington, DC

Well, crappity, you had to ask, didn't you Chris?


I was just getting used to the idea that I may never race again and that training takes so much time that my life is just too crazy. BUT nOOOOOOOO - Mr. "I turned my life around this year and am now a very svelte sexy racer-boy" had to e-mail me and ask me what races I'm doing next year - nothing like smacking a girl in the fanny when she most needs it - thanks, dude!

I left for DC on Friday morning for a cousin's wedding as well as some much needed R&R. Chris's words were stuck in my head the entire trip down (all of 1:15 - but still...) - and I happened to bring the new Ritchey Break-Away with me (peeps - it's the best thing since, well the bike! NO airport charges - anyone who travels should have one - thanks Anne G for selling it to me - I'm loving it!). So on my ride to Mt. Vernon (a nice 40+ mile loop) I started thinking about racing and training and how much I've missed it and I decided I would race again next year - maybe not with the single-mindedness that I had in years past - but at least coming up with a plan to race at least 2/month and maybe more if things start off well in April. I know I'm going to sign up for at least one training camp (be it someone Else's or Anne's "Camp 'o Pain"). It's been a long road with the surgery/moving/house stuff and a simpler life of working, teaching, training seems do-able - thanks Chris!

Now onto the "Nation's Capitol Cruise" brought to you by Ritchey Break-Away bikes - oh yeah!!!

Jefferson Memorial (with Washington looking over his shoulder to the left)


Zipping along the Potomac with the Washington memorial in the back ground (and that little white bump below is the Jefferson Memorial)And finally, this is the only part of the ride I didn't like - riding around, national airport (and no, I'm not calling it it's new name - ain't gonna happen.....)

Over and out - got to get some work done so I can go do some training outside tonight before the sun disappears......

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Glad I could help:) Looks like a great ride in DC. I think those breakaway bikes are cool. Not sure I will buy one, but I like the idea.

Getting ready for winter up there?

October 08, 2007 9:11 PM  
Blogger SpeedyChix said...

Sweeeeet! Glad to hear the bike is working out well.

Now about that camp o pain...it's really a lot of fun! Sort of like a series of CX races back to back ;')

October 08, 2007 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home