Rant on Wheels

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's been a while

And I'm still having fun telling folks that I'm gonna get on my bike and ride away from my brace......I want to look like Dave Z - he is just too cool:

truth. . . I did. I got on my bike last Wednesday and took two whole pedal strokes down the driveway - it was so thrilling I knew I had to get off the bike immediately before I just said to heck with it all and took off on a 20 mile bike ride. The feeling of my hands gripping the bars, the push of the pedals was the most instantly intoxicating feeling - much better than any drug. It thrilled me beyond the imaginable and then it made me sad to know it will still be several more weeks before I can get on it and pedal for an hour or two.

Recovery sucks, but the mental fortitude I'll have after this - I'll be breaking cement blocks just with the strength of my laser-beam stare!

Reading: Its a great book my coach asked me to read a long time ago - I did, but not with the intensity that I'm reading it now - perspective is everything.....

And on a lighter note - dig the "purse" won by Julie B at the Dexter crit this past weekend - folks, it gives a whole new meaning to crit primes!!!! This will turn anyone into a fashionista!!!

Way to go Julie - this is one for the books - where the hell did they get that purse?? At least you can use it as a reflective device in case of a terrorist attack......scary.

ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home